Sunday, November 1, 2015

Passions !!

So I came to Hampden Street school this year so I have never done passions before. I am really excited for passions because I am leading a group with Amy. I bet you are thinking (if you are reading my blog from another school) that what ARE YOU talking about?! Well passions is when all the teachers have a skill so they make a group with that skill and kids in the school learn that skill. And also the cool thing is kids can actually teach a skill to other kids TOO! And that is what I am doing, with Amy. Also my mum is coming in to make a film making group because she edits and makes movies. So basically teachers, kids, parents come and teach other kids a skill. And today is the first session of it!

Amy and I have a 6 people group and the skill is for this group is art like drawing and stuff. We figured that we (Amy and I) are quite good at art, so we are going to teach it to a bunch of people! Mr Ashby, he has a group to make haunted house props, because, the school gala is coming up and we need some scary things in the haunted house. It sounded pretty cool and I really wanted t do and ( same with Amy) but in the end we decided to have our art group.

There are a lot of cool, interesting groups for passions, like we have, gymnastics, architecture, baking,cross stitch, and more.
I think I will really enjoy passions this year! 

No comments: