Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Inspirational People Project

So this term one of our school projects is an Inspirational People Project. And in this project we research about an inspirational person that has faced challenges in their life, and has faced challenges to get up to where they are now. And if your thinking, "Well my mum is inspirational so yeah, I will do her for my project," that is totally not it! What I mean is we have to research a famous person. So what I am doing is researching John Lennon for my project. I think that he is truly an inspirational person, since he did face a lot of challenges and heartbreak in his life. Like when he was very young his dad died and his mother couldn't look after him, so John had to go live with his aunt.
Then later on in his life when John was a teenager, he actually realised that his mum was living in the same town as him. So he met up with her and got to know her a little bit, but then she got ran over by a drunk driver. John Lennon was of course very sad about that, but he kept on believing and being positive.

There are also a lot of other fantastic projects that people are doing in room 5. Like Carla, she is doing someone I have never heard of before and apparently was an Olympic runner and won gold medals, his name, Louis Zamperini. And Amy, she is doing Stephen Hawking. I researched him once in the 'Does History Matter' project, and Amy has found out a lot of things about Stephen Hawking, such as how he got a very terrible disease, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. And the doctors told Stephen that he had only 2 years to live. Stephen did not believe that and he kept on doing cosmology (finding out about stars and how the universe was created). And it turned out Stephen Hawking lived for way more years that 2, and he still is alive TODAY!

I really enjoy doing this project. I find it quite interesting and fun to research incredible, inspirational people. Here is just my presentation so far of John Lennon. It is not quite finished, but it will be soon.   

No comments: