Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Book Club :))

Book club term 4 HSS 2015 is GREAT!! But once again we use a progression sheet, and this time it is not an Art Progressions sheet, Literacy Progressions sheet, but a Reading Progressions sheet! YAY!! My goals are to when I am reading, I need to skim and through and figure a situation better in a story. Say I am like reading and sometimes I actually read it over and over again for like NO reason!! And I am a very slloooww reader. It's weird because my mum is like the fastest reader in the world. She'll be reading a massive big, chunky book and in about a day she'll come to me and say 'finished!' Anyway enough about my mum being a fast reader. Everyone has a few tasks for them self to choose from. I am doing (because I am reading the book series Warriors) I am doing a description of the main character of the book I am reading. He is an orange, brave, wild cat named Fireheart. I really, really, REALLy recommend these books to everyone out there that likes cats, is into action and fighting and stuff, and likes reading- the books are quite big.

The other task I am doing is called fanmail. It is when you write a letter to a character in your book that you love and is a big fan. Even if their not a real person or cat or whatever, you can write a letter to them. I wrote a letter to Fireheart. And I say how much of a brave and awesome cat he is. I think that all of the book week tasks are AWESOME!! Thank you all of the teachers that made these tasks. And also I am currently doing the task to ask questions to the author that you are curious about. And the author that made a warroirs are ACTUALLy more than 1 person !! And they made just a name for their group to write books. So one of questions are definately going to be, "Why did you choose to have a group of people write books?" And I am still thinking on the other questions, you know, I don't wanna seem dumb and ask stupid questions!

Thanks for reading my Book Club post (if you even did that is) and here are some drawings I drew of the characters of my book. :p

1 comment:

Mr Ashby said...

You know you love the progressions sheets !