Thursday, May 28, 2015

Apprentice Thingy-Ma-Bob

In the senior syndicate, we are doing this thing called Apprentice. The teachers told us that it is like a Genius Hour thing. On Thursday (yesterday) each class got a number, I got number 11. Then at the senior assembly, we all did this thing called ninja maths. It was really fun! These are all of the ninja moves.


This is the plus sign.
Equal sign. And there are a few more, like division: You put your arm across and then punch over and under it. We also used sign language for this task.

Then what the teachers tell the syndicate is to go around doing sums with the ninja moves. And the answer has to be the number that we got earlier on. I did 33 divided by 3 which equals my number, 11. So we do that to the other kids and we have to see if they have the same number. And if they do then they are in your group.

Each group has one kid from each class in the senior syndicate. So you need one kid from room 6, room 5, room 4, room 3 and room 2. The people in my group are, Flynn from room 2, Finn from room 3, Hunter from room 4, Me from room 5, Vaaloa from room 6. 

We had to do teamwork and we had to make a toaster and a smoothie blender out of all of the people in our group. Then we did an object of transport or something like that. So we made an elephant. Hunter was the upper part of the elephant and Finn was riding on his back. Flynn and Vaaloa were in the middle and I was at the end, (I had this little stick thing for the tail of the elephant) 

That was the first day, so we did not do this every time. We actually have to do another genius hour project, which in my case is fun. On the second day we try to think of something, we come up with a fizzy drink shower, auto tying shoelaces and that's about it. At home I tried thinking about another invention and I came up with one. It was a game keyboard. But I think that they already exist. We'll think of something, I am SURE of it (not really)        


No comments: