Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Winter Sports!

So there have been students chatting about winter sports all around the school. And here is a post about it. So winter sports is when in winter you choose a sport out of volleyball, hockey, basketball, netball, table tennis, football and rugby. I chose hockey, because I had no idea how to play it and I have always wanted to play hockey. And it turns out that I am actually quite good at hockey (pat on the back for me).

So every Tuesday all of the kids doing hockey and all those other sports line up in a line with all of the other kids that are doing the same sport, if you know what I mean.
Okay all of the different sports go to the, well for example, for the footballers they go to the bottom field, the hockey players at a court and yeah. So then we do hockey training and we play some hockey games.

On the last hockey training session with Mrs Armstrong, she put us into 2 teams for the hockey tournament which was on Thursday. In my team there was Ocean, Harper, Flynn, Lochlen, Johnny, me, and I guess a few more people. So on that day we were all playing hockey games against all of the teams. It was really fun and I couldn't wait for the tournament!


This is the day of the hockey tournament and all of the other sports that Hampden Street children were doing. I was really nervous and excited at the same time. Because I mean this was the first ever hockey game I have played! And I hope our cool team will do great! This tall man (I forgot his name) was calling out the schools and their team for a practice warm up thing for hockey. This guy called Craig was teaching us some hockey techniques like, the different kinds of hockey dribbling, and we did some hockey warm up games with our teams. It was quite interesting to see all these kkids from different schools.


Now here it is, the time to play a real hockey game! I feel delirious just thinking about playing a hockey game. The first team we were against was I think a Nelson Central school team (well they were wearing yellow.....)  I was a bit confused, but the referee explained it to me. THANK YOU REFEREE!! -I am random.
Anyway, we waited for the bell to ring as my heart pounded. And then "DING DING!!" The bell had rung! ZOOM! Our team went straight for the ball and so did the other team. It was thrilling feeling!
The game went REALLY good! We came a draw with the other team. Not bad Hampden Street not bad.


That was our first game so 5 more games to go! The second game, we were playing against really skilled hockey players, and one of them was really aggressive! He whacked Ocean in the foot and purposely fell on Ocean when she was about to get a goal for our team! (We didn't like him).
The team got 2 nil! (OH MAN!) Anyway life isn't all about winning.
The third game was good, but weird. It was weird because we were against the other team from our school, so....WE WERE PLAYING AGAINST HAMPDEN STREET SCHOOL! Our team won, just We got 2 nil! Yay!
The fourth game was really successful! We were playing against, I think St Josephs or something.
We got 4 nil!!! Now that is what I call successful. (Wink).
And the other games I forgot how many goals we got, but man hockey is fun!


So that was the AWESOME adventure of the hockey tournament and the training!  

No comments: