Thursday, September 17, 2015

Masked Parade!

In term 4 it is masked parade! Yay! And that means we need to make masks in term 3 (this term)
Cherry, Amy and I are making a big cardboard buffalo, and I bet you are wondering, "Why a buffalo??" Well I will tell you now if you are confused,
1. I love buffaloes
2. The theme for the masked parade is Wild West.
3. There a buffaloes in the wild west.

So yeah the theme is Wild West, but no ordinary wild west, it is a Wheres Wally Wild West theme! So there is going to be like a few Wallys in the crowd of wild west people. For wild west there are a lot of people being cowgirls and cowboys, but Cherry, Amy and I wanted to be a little different. And there a people being cactuses, wagons and even horses. I think it is a really fun, creative process.


So far the buffalo that we are making looks like this, (by the way this is only the face we haven't started making the body yet.
Yeah I know it looks more like a dirty lion, but when it is finished you'll see how it looks like a buffalo.
The next steps for tis buffalo is to glue on the horns that I made and painted. 
These are the horns and me and Amy are posing for the camera (sorry the photos are blurry and bad quality) 
So that is masked parade!!! And I can't wait to go marching down the street with a buffalo over Cherry, Amy and my head!

No comments: