Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Science Fair!

This Term (term 3) is the best term because......YES, you guessed it this term is all about SCIENCE! and on the 20th of August it is science fair. And for science fair I am testing what bread mould grows more on and which bread mould grows the fastest on. What do you think? Well my hypothesis is,  I think that the cornbread will grow mould the fastest because it seems like the healthiest bread and also mould grows better with moist and cornbread is the most moist bread out of my 4 breads.
This is my data!!.....So far
Day 1. Nothing has happened to the bread.
Day 2. Nothing has happened to the bread.
Day 3. The bread has got a little bit hard.
Day 4. It has gone quite stale and I think maybe that it won’t grow mould. If you feel it it crusts against your skin
Day 5. All 4 of the breads are so stale and crusty. But the cornbread actually is not as hard and crusty as the other breads so I have a feeling that the mould will grow more and faster on the cornbread.
Day 6. The breads are all hard no sign of mould what so ever.


I really enjoy science and i think that my project is pretty good and I am excited to see what happens next!! Now of course every type of food has ingredients and thsese are the ingredients for all for of the bread I am testing.
White Bread:
  1. Melted Butter
  2. 500g plain flour
  3. 2 teaspoons dried yeast
  4. 1 teaspoon salt
  5. 375mls lukewarm water
  6. Extra water, brushing
  7. 1 teaspoon poppy seeds, for sprinkling
Brown Bread:
  1. 400g malted grain brown bread flour
  2. 100g strong white bread flour
  3. 7g dried yeast
  4. ½ teaspoon salt
  5. 1 tablespoon soft butter
  6. 4 tablespoon poppy seeds, sprinkling
Rye Bread:
  1. 200g rye flour
  2. 200g strong white or wholemeal flour
  3. ½ teaspoon fine salt
  4. 1 tablespoon honey
  5. 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
Corn Bread:
  1. ¼ cup butter or margarine
  2. 1 cup milk
  3. 1 large egg
  4. 1 ¼ cups yellow, white or blue cornmeal
  5. 1 cup all-purpose flour
  6. ½ granulated sugar
  7. 1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt.


I hope that you like the sound of this science fair project and I know there will be a lot of time series graphs in this project.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow you worked very hard on this and I love it.

Anonymous said...

I really like your science fair question it is really interesting.