Monday, August 31, 2015

Art Progressions

Hi. Okay what a great way to start a blog post. This is a post about art progressions Art progressions is just like literacy progressions, but not about writing it's about art like drama, music, dance and visual art. Right now we are doing music progressions. Next we are doing drama. So basically we call art progressions music progressions now. So back to the main point of this post, music  progressions is like literacy progressions because 1. We set a goal, but a goal in music not writing. 2. They both have 'progressions' in their names so they are like the same thing.


So you are probably wondering what my goal is that I have set, well my goal is to basically learn more about the elements of music and so and so. The project I am doing is to research my favourite band which is Massive Attack and then make a song inspired by the band. I think this is actually a pretty good project to do. And if you don't know Massive Attack here is the link for there wiki wikipedia This is the link for Massive Attack ;-)


And the whole challenge of this music progression project is I use garage band a lot and i am really good at it cause I make songs on it all the time, but i was going to make the 'Massive Attack Inspired' song on garage band and now I am thinking, "Elly Mae you are not challenging yourself if you are just making a song on garage band!" So now I am going to try and make a song on a new music product on app store (partly because garage band doesn't have any big, dark beats like Massive Attack does.)

  

No comments: