Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Inter schools cross country!!!

On Thursday 18 June all of the top 10 runners from cross country did interschools cross country. But I didn't go to the actual cross country because I went to Tauranga. So how did I get into the interschools then? Well I went to the interschools because the teachers knew I was fast because I came a good place in every cross country league. So all of the inter school runners got onto the bus and off went to Branford park. I was sooooooo scared! And what do know, year 5 girls first. I was kind of glad that we went first though because then it would be over and done with. We lined up down at the far end ready for the race. My heart was pounding and I really needed to go to the toilet. Then finally the man said, "Ready. Set. GO!" And we all started to run. My legs felt strong and I started to speed up. I was coming in 2nd place then this really tall girl passed me. I kept on running! We jumped over a log and then the girl that had passed me slowed down. I over took her and now I was coming 2nd again. The girl in front of me went to Clifton Terrace. I sped up a bit and then over took her when we went up the hill. I was not that far ahead but I was coming 1st. We kept on running and I was still in the lead. Then we got to the bike tracks and I got a bit confused. I stopped in the middle of the race and looked around then I just remembered where to go, so I kept on going in the same direction. We were now half way and I was still in front. 

Now we were very close to the finish line. I kept on running, everyone did. I was SO scared, but really excited. I was really tired and my body felt like jelly. The girl behind me almost over took me but I wouldn't let her. I ran as fast as I could and then before I knew it I had crossed the finish line. I had come first in the year five girls inter school!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounded fun wish I could have been here but I had a cast on my arm